I suggest you ...

Please put the message back inside the eCard.

In the past, consumers of Hallmark eCards could put their message inside the eCard itself. Unfortunately, this was only possible in Flash, a technology that was unable to play on mobile. Furthermore, this format limited the length of each message, and many of our consumers wanted to write longer more meaningful messages.

We changed formats to HTML5, so our site could be faster and mobile-friendly... Since over 30% of our traffic was coming from mobile devices! Unfortunately, that means that the personalization we offer is currently at the bottom of the eCard, not within it. However, now you can change the color of the message and write as much as you'd like.

We would like you to vote on whether you want a different type of personalization: What if the message appeared over the eCard after the eCard has completed playing? This way you can personalize and have it captured within the player window. Unfortunately, the old customization is gone forever, but we are committed to coming up with new ways to make our customers happy... especially if it uses new technology!

Let us know your thoughts! And please see the attached screenshots (in the notes below) for reference.

1,098 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SUSAN WARDSUSAN WARD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My tracher sent me my CPR card though ecard. I opened it and the card was empty. I've never received a code of any kind to retrieve it.. what's the deal with that?

• Mark koppelmanMark koppelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love buying your cards. Your company produces the best cards for all occasions . I buy your cards all year long. Growing up in Brooklyn ny my father had a variety store. He sold greeting cards. Including many greeting cards from many companies. Your cards sold the best. I am still only buying your greeting cards all year long.you have the best brand in the market today.

• Alfred OtáñezAlfred Otáñez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two day ago I sent a card twice and it has not arrived.

It happen before.

e-mail address is correct.

Is your systems having delivery issues ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I view my personalized card before it is sent? Is message automatically placed in a correct position on card? I can find no way of telling that it is in a correct place if typed message is beneath card.

• Janet BrownJanet Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no way to send a VD card. You obstruct this in every way. I wrote 2 poems on 2 cards & you blocked it. I don't usually write poetry off the top of my head and now they are gone.
        Pls call tomorrow: 4435213538

I've been trying to send birthday ecard to my grandson in Iowa. If I have this much trouble and aggregation..This will be my last time.

• aliparrotheadaliparrothead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i had written a rather long message on the card then had problems with my password.now i cant find the card i wrote out.thanks

• aclarkeaclarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the Love of God, she can't even open the durn Thomas Kinkade card up !

• Rev. Erin SpellmanRev. Erin Spellman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great way to LOSE alot of users on this site! Please change it back or I will consider going else where as well... I cannot handle being able to send cards to friends if the message is sent seprately....If you guys want to keep subscribers, then I would recommend changing this back to where they were at. You should have done a survey before just changing this. That should have helped you decide whether or not to change something so simple. I chose the forever friends Ecard and it doesn't even allow the customizing of the preset text on the card then the inside message doesn't even show? REALLY?

• Rev. Erin SpellmanRev. Erin Spellman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously put the personal messages back in the card..... This takes away from the card appearance.... I think it takes away from the personal touch of the ecards when you can't cusomize the preset message on the front of the card and the personal message inside doesn't even play? common seriously.... NOT a happy camper with this. Your cards were fine the way they were.. I'd vote for this but it will not let me and gives me a http 404 page not found error message on my end.

• MargotMargot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't like the new way to send a message and as yet, i still haven't figured out how to do it!
        I've been a Hallmark e-card customer for several years and this is causing me pause.

About the most unfriendly website I've ever experienced. After four attempts to send a B'd card to daughter, I give up. Could you refund some of my $30, please. Paul Irwin

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base