I suggest you ...

Please put the message back inside the eCard.

In the past, consumers of Hallmark eCards could put their message inside the eCard itself. Unfortunately, this was only possible in Flash, a technology that was unable to play on mobile. Furthermore, this format limited the length of each message, and many of our consumers wanted to write longer more meaningful messages.

We changed formats to HTML5, so our site could be faster and mobile-friendly... Since over 30% of our traffic was coming from mobile devices! Unfortunately, that means that the personalization we offer is currently at the bottom of the eCard, not within it. However, now you can change the color of the message and write as much as you'd like.

We would like you to vote on whether you want a different type of personalization: What if the message appeared over the eCard after the eCard has completed playing? This way you can personalize and have it captured within the player window. Unfortunately, the old customization is gone forever, but we are committed to coming up with new ways to make our customers happy... especially if it uses new technology!

Let us know your thoughts! And please see the attached screenshots (in the notes below) for reference.

1,098 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ElvaElva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not very pleased with the service. It's so frustrating typing messages, the process and your formats are not user friendly. Will cancel subscription.

• Jeanie mcclearyJeanie mccleary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bummer. Frustrating trying to put msg in card until I read your note. I hate the new way! Cancel my subscription please.

• edgreg44edgreg44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to send an ecard with a message, after many attempts could not send card or attach a gift, very disappointed with new format so I will be canceling this account.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I want to send multiple copies of the same card (almost 500 to my mailing list) is it possible to have the comment/message saved and posted into the next one if I wish. I was just doing this with copy and paste, added a new address to the book and unfortunately, I pasted their address in and lost my message. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to see my personalized signature when I check sent cards. Used to work but don't see now.

• HuyHuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My friends receive the cards and she thought there were no message!! Please-- find a better way or else I will not renew.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The card I chose did not give me the opportunity to personalize it at all. I tried twice, and each time it did not work! So the only way they know who sent the card was from the senders email address! How stupid! The card I chose, which I love is the puppie Merry Christmas.

• BJOBJO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the past, I added my personalization at the end of the card. Now I can't even figure out where I'm supposed to type it! What gives?

• William WildfongWilliam Wildfong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the many others who say the personal message should be within the card, rather than as a separate item which the viewer may not notice. Perhaps it could be added as an ever-present caption.

• CWCW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to put the message back in the eCard. I really like the card I sent to my husband for our anniversary, but the writing was so light I'm afraid he won't be able to read it. I canceled the auto pay because this is my first time using this site and I want to see what it actually looks like when it is received. I don't really like auto pay, because I don't send out that many cards, so cost wise it's easier to pay as I go. Thank you for this wonderful website.
        Claudia Watson

• skippitydodahskippitydodah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I give up on you Hallmark. Hacker's obviously have forced you to become a pass in the you know what. I'm a senior citizen and have been attempting to send a birthday greeting to family member for several hours and now I'm giving up on the whole idea of ever using a Hallmark Card again.

• skippitydodahskippitydodah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I give up on you Hallmark. Hacker's obviously have forced you to become a pass in the you know what. I'm a senior citizen and have been attempting to send a birthday greeting to family member for several hours and now I'm giving up on the whole idea of ever using a Hallmark Card again.

• null nullnull null commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't figure out how to actually send the card I picked out. I have used this site dozens of times. What gives?

Feedback and Knowledge Base