I suggest you ...

Please put the message back inside the eCard.

In the past, consumers of Hallmark eCards could put their message inside the eCard itself. Unfortunately, this was only possible in Flash, a technology that was unable to play on mobile. Furthermore, this format limited the length of each message, and many of our consumers wanted to write longer more meaningful messages.

We changed formats to HTML5, so our site could be faster and mobile-friendly... Since over 30% of our traffic was coming from mobile devices! Unfortunately, that means that the personalization we offer is currently at the bottom of the eCard, not within it. However, now you can change the color of the message and write as much as you'd like.

We would like you to vote on whether you want a different type of personalization: What if the message appeared over the eCard after the eCard has completed playing? This way you can personalize and have it captured within the player window. Unfortunately, the old customization is gone forever, but we are committed to coming up with new ways to make our customers happy... especially if it uses new technology!

Let us know your thoughts! And please see the attached screenshots (in the notes below) for reference.

1,098 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CANNOT JOIN AS IT KEEPS SAYING CHECK YOUR PASSWORD WHICH IS ALWAYS THE SAME AND 8 NUMBERS/LETTERS.

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the personal message only after the card closes makes Hallmark ecards *highly risky* to use. Recently I sent a birthday ecard to a wonderful friend. She completely missed my personal note at the end. The net effect very negative and the direct opposite of my intent. It was the worst-possible result. Please fix this any way you can. IMHO,this is a make or break for Hallmark ecards.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important thing to remember is that the card is all about the personal message. If the message is hard to see or comes late to the screen, the value of these cards diminishes exponentially. Not the optimal business model.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love to send e-cards. However, with the personalization message outside the card itself, I often wonder if the message is not seen because the recipient may not realize that scrolling may be required. If over 30% of these cards are sent by mobile, that means that more than twice that many are sent from a computer. You can't please everyone, but do the math.

• LaurenLauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never can access the cards now, at least I would know what it says if you put the message in the e-mail

• KathdubsKathdubs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the way this new set up is. the message is after the ecard plays and I know my recipients haven't read them.

• John PfeifferJohn Pfeiffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to put some cards on Facebook and would like to show that they are from me and my spouse, but for some reason it is not allowed. Can you fix that so I can tag the card as from both me and my wife?

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a note to the effect of "stay tuned for your personal message" as part of the HTML5 script? I am concerned that there is a noticeable lag between the end of the card and the message and I am concerned that someone may think the card is over and close the window before the message appears.

• Marge ThorntonMarge Thornton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I joined Hallmark yesterday, May 7, 2015, and created an ecard. I personalized it, but had to leave my pc for a few minutes. When I logged back in, the card did not show my message. How can I find it, so i won't have to compose the email message, again?

• Anne EricksonAnne Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to vote in favour of Dan's suggestion above, but the technology didn't ask let me choose yea or nay.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent a Mother's Day card to Cheryl Pellitier and the message did not come up. I don't understand why.

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Technology is always updating - Find a way to put the message back inside the card!!!

• merrzmerrz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely better inside the card --the way it is now you could miss the message altogether if you don't know to look for it

• SofinisbaSofinisba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am saddened by the change, too. I have been a loyal Hallmark member and loyal Hallmark eCards member for years, too.

• Faye HeykantsFaye Heykants commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After having used your eCard site for several years, I currently find every part of it unacceptable. I can not see the card/only hear the music, I don't like where the message is placed, there is no place to establish a return email when the card is picked up, and I have no idea what type of device on wich the card will be received or if the person will be able to see it. I will be asking for a refund for the automatic renewal charge that was just charged. What a sad mess your are.

Feedback and Knowledge Base