I suggest you ...

Please put the message back inside the eCard.

In the past, consumers of Hallmark eCards could put their message inside the eCard itself. Unfortunately, this was only possible in Flash, a technology that was unable to play on mobile. Furthermore, this format limited the length of each message, and many of our consumers wanted to write longer more meaningful messages.

We changed formats to HTML5, so our site could be faster and mobile-friendly... Since over 30% of our traffic was coming from mobile devices! Unfortunately, that means that the personalization we offer is currently at the bottom of the eCard, not within it. However, now you can change the color of the message and write as much as you'd like.

We would like you to vote on whether you want a different type of personalization: What if the message appeared over the eCard after the eCard has completed playing? This way you can personalize and have it captured within the player window. Unfortunately, the old customization is gone forever, but we are committed to coming up with new ways to make our customers happy... especially if it uses new technology!

Let us know your thoughts! And please see the attached screenshots (in the notes below) for reference.

1,098 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Miki KnightMiki Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to send 1 or 2 cards in the Timeline on face book so people can comment share or like. I also want to send cards personally to my favorite friends
        Main page or their time line without using a map a photo

• Marge DawsonMarge Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks I enjoyed the card my daughter sent to me and wanted to send the Guitar playing THANK YOU back to them but it would not return to the REPLY FOR ME TO SEND IT, tHANKS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I continue to have trouble with your website. The cards don't "load and play" to determine if one likes a particular card. I haven't ordered in a long time.

• athyathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the message over the eCard if you can not go back to the old format. The personalized message looks tacky the way it comes up after the eCard has played and on a different page.

• Gail Ann BastianGail Ann Bastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From Gail Ann Bastian
        I use to go to your Hallamark Store when it close by here in El Cajon, California. Since the store was closed and moved to other place, I can't get to the Hallamark Stores like I use to. I kept my points purple card for the longest time. It was under Gail Ann Phipps, before I went back to my maiden name. Is there anyway you can let me know if there is still points on the card. I don't have that Hallamark Discount Card no more. Thank You So Much. GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS

• Gail Ann BastianGail Ann Bastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

April 3, 2015 Friday
        Time 11:32 am
        This is the first time I have seen Ecards from Hallamark.com.
        Are they free, or when I sign up I have to use a debt or credit cards, which I don't believe in. Could you please send me a text message to my email address, so I can know. Thank You So much. GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOURS ALWAYS

• geria95geria95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having been a member for a number of years, I am very disappointed that the personal message is just placed at the bottom of the card and not as part of the card itself. Please consider doing it that way.

I rejoined ecards this year and am disappointed with the selection and quality. I am very disappointed with the personalization. The colors and fonts look tacky, and the worst part is that the "Play Again" button starts to appear before the personal message is displayed, and it detracts the recipient from reading the thoughtful personal message we may be sending! The personal message should be presented first, for a few seconds so that person can read it, and then display the "play again" button. This shouldn't be that hard.

• omidomid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, three months ago I register to e-card for one month, only one month, but you charge me every month, I send unsubscription email for you to stop charge me, 3 times, but you charge me again, I call to my credit card and cancelled the second month, but you charge me this month again, I get tired, I'm sorry for this register, please stop it, when I need, I register again, please please cancelled my register I don't want more, please give me answer to know you read my message, you didn't attention to my 2 last message and email, please let me know you read this message,
        thank you
        my English is not good, sorry if I have mistake, but I have only cancelled my register, please do it

• Fred HendricksonFred Hendrickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I have sent Hallmark ecards to family and friends for many years but have been very unhappy with the site and ecards since your abandoning of Flash. They are really lame compared to the old-style cards. I'm okay with change...as long as it's change for the better. And this is not! Thanks for asking for my opinion, though I doubt it will do any good. You should really consider trying to find a technical solution that would allow you to offer the Flash cards if possible.

• null nullnull null commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just subscribed yesterday and I wish I hadn't. I should have looked for cards before I subscribed. Their customer service leave much to be desired.

FIX IT! YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO HAVE MESSAGE INSIDE CARD. NO LONGER GOING TO USE YOUR SERVICE BECAUSE OF THIS!!!

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having just ordered a 2-year subscription today, I was looking around the site and found this page. I was not aware that the personal message is just placed at the bottom of the card, and I am not happy about this. I agree with the person who said that if it cannot be done that way, it should at least appear after the card, itself, is finished. Please consider doing it that way, or I may have to consider canceling my subscription, as well.

• FahimFahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I created multiple cards and waited after clicking "send e-card".
        I didn't see that it had been sent. If this is how it is going to be, I don't want to continue my PAID subscription. I have sent Ecards before with better results. Please tell me how to contact you by phone and how to get my money back. Your autobill system charged me till December 2015. Thank you. Fahim

• Isaac PonteIsaac Ponte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your beautiful cards are specific to each type of religious beliefs. I am a President of a club with over 150 members of different religious beliefs, although they enjoy the holiday season. I would like to see a good variety of card designs on general Holidays theme, so that I can send a general holyday greeting to all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base