I suggest you ...

Please put the message back inside the eCard.

In the past, consumers of Hallmark eCards could put their message inside the eCard itself. Unfortunately, this was only possible in Flash, a technology that was unable to play on mobile. Furthermore, this format limited the length of each message, and many of our consumers wanted to write longer more meaningful messages.

We changed formats to HTML5, so our site could be faster and mobile-friendly... Since over 30% of our traffic was coming from mobile devices! Unfortunately, that means that the personalization we offer is currently at the bottom of the eCard, not within it. However, now you can change the color of the message and write as much as you'd like.

We would like you to vote on whether you want a different type of personalization: What if the message appeared over the eCard after the eCard has completed playing? This way you can personalize and have it captured within the player window. Unfortunately, the old customization is gone forever, but we are committed to coming up with new ways to make our customers happy... especially if it uses new technology!

Let us know your thoughts! And please see the attached screenshots (in the notes below) for reference.

1,098 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanDan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joanne HardyJoanne Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just joined the Halmark card sending. I created a card and waited to see when it said to send it.
        I didn't see that it had been sent, and I couldn't get back to the card to check what I had written. If this is how it is going to be, I don't want to continue. I have sent Ecards before with better results. I have no idea how to get back to see the card that I created and to see if it was actuarially sent. Please tell me how to contact you by phone. I would like to see the cards I have written and to know if they have been mailed. Thank you.
        Thank you. Jodi

• germantownsmithgermantownsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the message within the card. It's too bad that technology trumps style. That's nothing new unfortunately.

• jean genibreljean genibrel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each time I try to create an account the "enroll" button is not highlighted.
        And how do I retrieve the card I had written.

• pixelfishphotospixelfishphotos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the others, I will not renew if the cards can't display a message as before. I like to personalize my note along with the card.

The service as it was for years was working ... why would you break something that works?

I hope you work out the details soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm satisfied with the way it is right now...allowing for variation in font, color and length of message. Thanks!

• Neil TootillNeil Tootill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the message appear over the card when it finishes would be fine. I'd just like the personalization to come at the end, even if it can't go inside the card any more

• Karen HulleyKaren Hulley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything you come up with in order to personalize the card is great with me.

I just want to send a card and the system is not allowing that even without a message.
        Could you please call me or respond.

I can get the message in my card. When I hit address, I get a message my brower is weak and I then downloaded both of them again and still no card shows up/

• Shirley HarperShirley Harper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not see where I could send a written message with the card I sent just now...No more messages with cards???

I am 43 years old sometimes it's ok to use what is already in a card. Yet I like to make it a little personable even if I just put there name before the card starts. That way you never get two of the same card .)

• BLStoutBLStout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the message at the bottom of the "card" looks cold and impersonal. I will most likely not renew my subscription.

• OBXNCOBXNC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree with the sentiments of others. Once I saw messages being displayed at the bottom, instead of embedded in the greeting, I figured it was my time to move on after my subscription expires. The new format cheapens the product, and in some cases, gets missed or doesn't play at all, depending on the browser. Honestly, if free services are offering the same thing, what would make anyone want to pay for the renewal?

• CSCS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a paying subscriber to Hallmark cCards since they rolled out the service. To me, it was worth it to pay for the service as the Hallmark eCards looked professional and meaningful by having the message inside the eCard.

Now that the message is just a separate little blurb, OUTSIDE of the card itself, it just looks cheap. 1-2-3 Greetings and all of the other free ecard sites look like this. So if Hallmark does not change back to AT LEAST providing the option of sending an eCard with a message inside, I will not renew.

Very unfortunate that the service has degraded :(

The last time I went to send an e-card, I saw the new format and really disliked it; being able to "open" the card was part of the fun. Your suggestion that the message appear over the e-card seems like an acceptable compromise if the card fades out to the message.

I also prefer the message in the e-card, I find it interesting that you are accommodating 30% of your users instead of the other 70%. I will not be renewing.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are my comments. They are not meant to be negative but they represent my view as a customer. I have been a Hallmark Customer for some years now and I was always sending Hallmark E-Cards as they were a great product at a great value and I could use the product to send personal messages to people important to me. I note that Hallmark states that "the old customizations is gone forever" meaning that the message will no longer be included in the card. If that is the case then I am sorry to say I will not renew my membership as I believe the product has taken a giant step backwards. But I do thank Hallmark for having a great product at great value for these years that I have used the site. These comments were meant to be constructive, not critical, so I hope they are taken in the light they are intended.

• Laura JohnstoneLaura Johnstone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can't put the message inside the card any longer, having the message atop the card, allowing us to preview the whole message and card together is a good compromise. I would prefer the old way but if it isn't possible this new suggestion is way better than what you have now. Also, keep adding new cards to the old selection.
        Thank you for letting me have my say,
        Laura.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base